Friday, August 05, 2005

For Your Princess


I know that a lot of you know "girly" girls... and Usborne Books has just what they want! But it's not just for play. The stories are wonderful, and the crafts and cooking books build skills and promote togetherness with the adults that help them.

I know some you know girls who are not especially "girly." I have always been a bookworm and never really into "girly" stuff. Or you know boys so you are ready to pass this by. But wait, all of you! I have some things to point out.

First of all, click on the link above and look especially at the story books: the fairy tales, stories of princes and princesses, and young readers. Most of those will be appreciated by young boys or un-pink girls who just plain like stories. My 5-year-old boy loves The Princess and the Pea.

Secondly, if these 30 titles don't appeal, try the other 1,200 and some! :-)

And finally, for you sparkly pink lovers who are just waiting to click away, after you check out these titles, enter the keyword "princess" to find some more titles that didn't make it into this selection. (The Princess and the Pea is actually one of them) One new title I recommend is the Stories of Princes and Princesses CD pack. Then look at the other Young Reading CD packs too! Stories of Pirates and Treasure Island... I tell you, I love these books too much!!!